Sunday 19 May 2013

This morning I have been to the gym with my host mum and sister, and am now sitting in front of my computer at my desk having eaten a big breakfast and cleaned my sweaty self in the shower. FINALLY. It is time to catch up. I am going to do this in a few separate posts just to block it out a bit. So, to begin with, Caroline's confirmation! 

Add caption
Haha great photo. But seriously we had just woken up, give us a break. 


Helping the lady of the hour apply her false eyelashes. This is now my speciality! I helped Stine put some on a few weeks ago for a cocktail party too. Maybe I should be a make up artist... Not. 


Next on the agenda, the oh so crucial hair. Luckily, Morfar is a hairdresser so that came free of charge, and Caroline got exactly the style she wanted!





















Next up, a photographer came and took photos of Caroline and her best friend Frida outside by this beautiful tree. There is a huge block of open land out the back of our house which is now (I must add) TOTALLY GREEN. Spring is really and truly here! 



And into the church we go. She felt a little bit faint walking in, the pressure was on as she and her friend Laura were front of the line... They were the leaders... Dundundun! But no worries, they were exemplary leaders, and the prettiest girls in the room :)



The actual confirmation was all done in a matter of seconds....It was all the singing and sermons in between that made the service an hour and a half long....


And outside again for more photos. Check out the priests outfit. Hahahaha I had to restrain myself from laughing the whole service. He looked like a wannabe Queen Elizabeth 1.


Mormor and Morfar's have a friend with a Rolls Royce. So, of course, Caroline and Frida were driven away from the service in this beauty of a vehicle. What a treat!

Now for the important part, the reception!


We had been there for several hours the day before setting all the tables and decorations up. We held the reception in the staff room of my school. I must say it was a little weird to have a party in the STAFF ROOM, it's another step up from the school parties...


There was so much food. I cannot even begin to describe how much food. 


There were many speeches, songs and toasts! ....


Generally a great feeling of family, celebration and happiness.....






And of course a ridiculous amount of gifts. And money. In short, Caroline was given the same amount I have left for this entire year.... WOW! 





Many photos were taken. With Caroline's BRAND NEW FANCY CAMERA!



We were there until the early hours of the morning, and were all thoroughly exhausted. Simon was probably the most tired, judging by these photos.

And of course, the next morning we were back again to clean up. School on Monday! Afterwards, I think we all had that feeling after something really big happens. that sort of "it's over" feeling. A bit like the feeling after closing night of a musical, where you wish it could keep going but you  know it had to end. Sigh. What a great day, and a new cultural experience! 


Tilykke Caroline, den sødeste lille soster i verden :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment