Sunday 19 May 2013

Next up, the rest of that weekend was spent with more friends and family. It was a super long weekend, we had the Thursday Friday Saturdy AND Sunday off school, hurrah! So Friday night I took a massive bag of leftovers to a friends place, and four or five of us from school all ate dinner together. Afterwards, I headed off to another friends place to work on an English assignment to hand in the next day (got top marks, hollah!). We were up until 12 writing it, and then decided it would be a super good idea to watch a film called The Changeling. Such a good film.

If you get a chance, watch it. Due to our late night, we slept until midday, got up, made pancakes...


I know they look disgusting, but they tasted good, and were healthy believe it or not!


 ...and went to the fitness centre together. It was the first time I had done any exercise since my ankle, and it was good to get moving again. My ankle is much better, I can walk on it easily now but no running for the moment. It's still quite swollen too which is funny because it doesn't hurt so much. I really hope it goes away soon, injuries are so annoying!

My friends grandfather has Alzheimers' and decided to run away from her grandmother at the supermarket  He was missing for several hours, but luckily was found just when I got home! Phew. She lives with her grandparents, who don't speak any English. They were really impressed with my Danish! Woo!

On Sunday, it was Farmor's 60th birthday brunch. We went into a restaurant in the national museum of Copehagen. There were about 60 people there I think! She is a loyal member of a super good choir so there was much singing, and the normal speeches and toasts etc. These people love to celebrate!

On Monday, it was her actual birthday, and we had a birthday dinner at the golf club she is also loyal to. Caroline and I found a room downstairs with hair dryers and curling irons and Marilyn Monroe type movie star mirrors. Anemona, my 5 year old host cousin, came down and we decided to have some fun and do her hair. She is also going through a one direction obsession and taught us a dance she made up to 'What Makes you Beautiful'. So cute!

So that was the long weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment