Saturday 4 May 2013

A Series of Unfortunate Events


On Monday, I was scrolling through Facebook when I saw one of those stupid:
"IF YOU DON'T SHARE THIS YOU WILL HAVE BAD LUCK FOR THE NEXT 15 YEARS"
On the way to language school in the train, I got a killer as headache. I ended up getting there just to turn around and come home again, where I slept for an hour. I was fine after, but that was just the beginning....

Tuesday, I only had one class which was Spanish. We watched a movie. Tuesday was a good day actually. The demons of bad luck were giving me a break to trick me into  thinking they didn't exist. I'm onto you demons.....

Wednesday, again, I only had one class. I thought I had two, so I woke up at 6:15 to get ready for the normal 8:00 start. I arrived at school to find the classroom locked, and none of my classmates around. Hmm... Yes, class had been cancelled. Great. Two hours to kill. That afternoon, our whole class went to Fælledparken in Copenhagen. There was music and stalls and it was kind of like Christmas in the Park minus the Christmas. They were celebrating social democracy, but it was more of an excuse to have the afternoon off to go and drink in the park and soak up some sun. A small group of us stayed in the city for dinner too. I was really tired and wanted to be home before ten (we had school the next day) and, of course, the second I get down to the train station, I see my train speeding off into the distance. Twenty minute wait for the next one. Awesome.

Thursday, I had a maths assignment due. Maths is bad luck in general.

And then, we have Friday. Oh Friday.... Firstly, I forgot my hypercard which gives me free use of the public transport, so I had to pay 25 kroner to get home. Ridiculous. We had a school party, the last one of the year, so it was a big rave type thing with a 90's theme. We had a pre-party which was really fun, but within fifteen minutes of arriving at school, I rolled my ankle on the dance floor. I wasn't even wearing heels. I was wearing sneakers. So, I went home. I am now sitting on my bed with my leg elevated and an ankle the size of Africa.  


I also bought new running shoes yesterday, which I was really looking forward to trying. But, of course, this happened.

In saying this, there have also been lots of good things this week. The weather has been GLORIOUS, there was lots of cake, and I didn't have that much school. I guess all the bad stuff just came to mind as I was writing this because I am in pain, and pain brings negativity.

Dearest ankle, please get better by Thursday. It's Caroline's confirmation - an event which seriously calls for some high heeled shoes. My ankle, in its current state, would not even fit inside the shoe. This is a serious glass slipper situation. I am currently an ugly step sister with a fat ankle, and I must become Cinderella by Thursday. Wishes come true, right? 



No comments:

Post a Comment