Sunday 15 December 2013

The end


In the last few weeks, I have been too busy making the most of the short amount of time I have left, and therefore this blog has sort of taken a backseat. I could write a whole lot about all the things I've done, but I really can't be bothered. You can hear about it when I come back, which isn't far away! 

I do, however, want to say a quick thank you to everyone who has been involved in my life up until this moment, and to all the people who have contributed to making this year pretty damn unforgettable. 

I am standing on the brink of a new horizon, one filled with opportunities and possibilities. A year ago, I stood in almost the same place; on the edge a cliff with an overweight suitcase, eyes brimming with tears, and a heart filled with hope. I left my entire world behind to deal with the real world. I was not in the slightest prepared for what this year would grow to be, nor the significance it would end up having to pretty much everything. It has not just been a year in my life, but a lifetime in one year – an eternity that has gone by in the blink of an eye. 

Whilst I a looking forward to coming home to fulfil new hopes and dreams and seize new opportunities, I am sad to be leaving. This place has given me so much knowledge, insight, and allowed me to develop a real sense of myself and the world as a whole that I didn't have before.

I know it will be hard to adjust to a world which was once so familiar to me, which will be be so alien and strange upon my return, but life is full of challenges.

See you all soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment