Thursday 7 March 2013

locked in

so if you know me well, you will know that as a child, my worst fear was getting locked in a bathroom. i'm not claustrophobic as such (i don't mind lifts or planes at all) but something about bathrooms with no windows, little space, and nothing but a toilet to keep you company really creeps me out.

today,  my fear became a reality.

as i entered the bathroom at aprox. 2:13 pm, THIS happened:






my phone was in my bag. i couldn't call anyone.

i was all alone.

i cursed myself for not doing my hair up today, because then i could have used the bobby pins.

curse you good hair day!

i shook the door

nothing

i banged the door

nothing

i whacked the door

still nothing

i would be here all night

nobody would find me

at the end of my tether, i collapsed onto (not into) the toilet seat, and put my head in my hands. looking down, i saw my shoes. my shoe laces. MY SHOE LACES.

my savoir

i threaded my shoelace through the gap in the door where it was being held shut by that piece of metal that disappears into the door when you push the handle down. i had to use the clasp on my watch to get it out the other side and back again.

i felt like macgyver

after what felt like a lifetime, after five attempts, i triumphantly exited the bathroom, taking out the other side of the door handle as well so nobody would venture into that evil land again.

nek minnit, my friend natasia goes to the bathroom. the evil landic bathroom. with no door handles. she gets locked in, obviously, and now everyone knows that she got locked in because she was smart enough to yell for help.

kiwi ingenuity :) who needs vocal chords when you have a shoelace?




No comments:

Post a Comment