Monday 21 October 2013

Last week of term one, there was a music concert at school. I have a list of things I want to do in Denmark, and one of them was perform in front of a crowd, so I saw it as a sign...

I got an email the week before from the music teacher which was sent out to the whole school, asking after performers. I replied, signing myself up....

I borrowed a guitar from a friend and began practising. After two days I had practised so much I had to wrap my fingers up in plasters...

Day of the concert, I woke up nervous. I spent the whole day at school nervous. I nearly cried during my sound-check because I was seriously so nervous.

I don't really understand WHY. I have been in a ton of musicals, and of course I get nerves, but I never get so nervous that my stomach hurts, I can't swallow, I feel sick and I shed tears 30 minutes before I even go on-stage.

People say nerves are good, because it means you care about the performance you are going to give, so I guess I really cared a lot. My host family, friends, and classmates were all there to see and support me, so I was kind of feeling the pressure in spite of their good intentions.

I went up, did it, and it sounded good. I felt so unbelievably good about it afterwards I cannot even begin to describe!

Here is a link which may or may not lead you to a video of me singing, I am not entirely sure how reliable it is :

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202181647210878

No comments:

Post a Comment